Was born in 1939 in Vienna, Austria. His parents were British. He studied in Cambridge, GB physics. Later he got his architectural degree in the United States. He is member of the Science Society in the US.
- Notes on the Synthesis of Form, 1964
- A City Is Not a Tree, 1965
- The Oregon Experiment, 1975 with Silverstein, Angel, Ishikawa, and Abrams
- A Pattern Language, 1977
- The Timeless Way of Building, 1979
- The Linz Café / Das Linz Café, 1981
- The Production of Houses, 1985 with Davis, Martinez, and Corner
- A New Theory of Urban Design, 1987 with Neis, Anninou, and King
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.